Thank you for visiting the Day of Prayer and Fasting Resource
Page. We hope that the Day of Prayer of Fasting ministers to your
congregation and is an instrument that allows your church family to
express the love of Christ towards the poor and needy of the
Dominican Republic and Haiti.
All of the materials that you would need to participate in DPF'05
are contained in this page as well as instructions that your
congregation may want to follow in preparation for DPF'05.
DPF'05 Resource Materials consist of the following:
- Day of Prayer and Fasting Letter
- Family Giving Calendar (May 2005)
- Day of Prayer and Fasting Poster
- Dominican Republic Fact Sheet
- Haiti Fact Sheet
Here are some ideas that will help DPF'05 to have an impact on the
lives of others as well as lives within your own church family:
During March and April...
- Select or ask for a volunteer to be your congregations DPF chair
- Get your DPF'05 materials (download, email or call 303.570.3503)
- Make announcements about DPF'05 and place the DPF'05 posters in
- At the end of April distribute the Family Giving Calendar so that
each family in your church receives a copy. The Family Giving
Calendar helps parents talk to their children about poverty in a way
that they will relate to. It will also help your children to give in
a way that helps them feel like they are making a difference (and
- A great craft idea for kids classes and kids worship is the
"Family Giving Bank" that they can use as they follow the Family
Giving Calendar during the month of May.
- Pray for the poor, the lost and the hurting children of God in
your community and around the world.
- The Family Giving Calendar is a great discussion tool for
children's classes. Share observations from the Family Giving
Calendar during classes and church assemblies.
On June 5th...
For your Church:
- Join with churches of Christ around the world in a special Day of
Prayer for the helpless and lost.
- Encourage the families in your church to Fast for one or more
meals that weekend.
- Donate the money saved from missed meals or otherwise as your
hearts are moved in a special Sunday morning contribution.
For your Kids
- Have the kids share their thoughts and observations from the
Family Giving Calendar.
- Have a special prayer and contribution time for the children to
give the funds that they put aside while following the Family Giving
After June 5th...
- Please email us and let us know about your Day of Prayer and
- If you would like to be your congregations DPF contact for next
year, please let us know so we can update our contact list.
- Please make checks payable to "Day of Prayer and Fasting" and send
Day of Prayer and Fasting
PO Box 270209
Louisville, CO 80027-5003
- Please continue to pray for the ministries in the Dominican
Republic and Haiti all year!
- If you have any questions, concerns or comments please email us
(Click Here) or call us: 303.570.3503.
- Please put June 4, 2006 on your church calendar for DPF'06.
- Look for regular updates from Day of Prayer and Fasting.
Our prayer is that DPF'05 will be a blessing to your congregation
and that it will bring Christ's love and mercy to many. Thank you
for taking the time to visit the DPF'05 Resource Page and thank you
for partnering with us in serving the Lord in the Dominican Republic
May God bless you and keep you,
Chair, Day of Prayer and Fasting
Manna Relief Foundation
Day of Prayer and Fasting Advisory Board:
Mark Lewis, Elder, Highland Church of Christ, Abilene, TX.
Bill McKelvey, Elder, Fairfax Church of Christ, Fairfax, VA.
Ray Smith, Elder, Highland View Church of Christ, Oak Ridge, TN.
Mitch Wilburn, Minister, Park Plaza Church of Christ, Tulsa, OK.
Steve Gampp, Elder, Boulder Valley Church of Christ, Boulder, CO